Latest video shows rugged Panasonic TOUGHBOOK assisting drivers in their mission to fight back against environmental waste.
BRACKNELL, UK. 26th February 2019 – Remeo, a Finnish environmental services company, has chosen rugged Panasonic TOUGHBOOK tablets to use within its vehicles to improve the day-to-day efficiency of its drivers. The Panasonic TOUGHBOOK G1 tablet was chosen because of its solid vehicle dock, the tablet’s clear display in both bright sunlight and in the dark, and its usability in the rain and dusty environments.
Remeo employs around 350 waste management professionals and operates a fleet of over 200 specialty vehicles. The company uses the Panasonic TOUGHBOOK tablets as a vehicle information system with remote connectivity software to log the waste collected and help divide recyclables into the correct categories. This information is logged either automatically or manually by the driver and the Panasonic TOUGHBOOK can also be used to handle electronic documents and signatures for deliveries.
Leading the Circular Economy
In collaboration with its customers, Remeo’s goal is to enable the maximum amount of recycling and reuse of all types of materials. In order for its drivers to achieve this goal it was a requirement for Remeo to replace its ageing technology, which included over 200 tablets for vehicles. The Panasonic TOUGHBOOK was chosen for its usability and also the long service life of the devices, which reflect Remeo’s values of conserving natural resources.
A satisfied customer
Remeo Regional Director, Kimmo Käenmäki, said: “The Panasonic TOUGHBOOK is perfect for our kind of use in hard and demanding conditions. The device is extremely rugged and features excellent connectivity.”
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.