Swiss logistics company Planzer chose Panasonic TOUGHBOOK handhelds for their durability and fast, ergonomic scanning capabilities.
BRACKNELL, UK. 18th April 2019 – Planzer, the Swiss logistics company, has equipped its drivers with 2,000 rugged Panasonic TOUGHBOOK handhelds for use in transportation of temperature-controlled pharmaceutical goods, as well as parcel and overnight delivery services. The company, with 59 locations in Switzerland and nine more internationally, chose Panasonic TOUGHBOOK handhelds for their durability and fast, ergonomic scanning capabilities.
“We used to use ordinary consumer smartphones,” says Miguel Schiltknecht, Technical Project Manager at Planzer. “Many of them were badly damaged in no time. However, mobile devices are an integral part of our processes; we need them to support the traceability of goods during transportation, for communicating orders to drivers, and to obtain the customer’s digital signature when the goods are delivered. The drivers also use mobile devices to make phone calls as well as for email and navigation. So it’s a serious problem for us if one of them fails.”
Planzer pilot tested and then chose the Panasonic TOUGHBOOK handhelds, which have fully-ruggedised protection and a 4.7” screen, yet weigh less than 280g. They are certified to Military Standard 810G and can withstand being dropped from a height of up to 2.10 metres. The devices are also protected against the infiltration of water and dust to IP68 standards and still work reliably at temperatures as low as -20°C.
Lanso Vezhaparambil, National Transport Project Manager at Planzer, added “We’ve significantly reduced our costs for repairs, replacement devices, and the commissioning of reserve devices. And the integrated, ergonomically angled barcode scanner has dramatically increased our scan speeds. After a year’s experience with this product, we would definitely choose it again.”
The full Planzer case study can be downloaded here: https://business.panasonic.co.uk/computer-product/case-study/case-study-en-72
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.