By Dennis McKonkie
Moving from physical documents to electronic document is important because it has many benefits and it can allow the organization to share document much easier with each other while allowing people to work as if they document are in physical form. If a person needs to stamp or sign a document, they can do it on a computer as well so things will not change as much when moving to electronics form even for the senior employees who are not familiar with computers, technology, and electronic document handling. There are other greater benefits of moving to electronic documents and these include;
- Easy file relocation and access
- The system storing the documents will automatically take care of itself once implemented. That means files can be automatically arranged, copy, move and locked when not in use.
- Electronic document can automatically be filing and archiving to save space and put away documents that are old or rarely used.
- Electronic document can improve office environment by getting rid of clunky file cabinets. This is probably one of the best reasons to make the move because extra office space means more opportunity for something else.
- The documents will always be available even when the employees responsible for them may not be.
- Latest version of the document are always available and they can also be controlled, that means employees can modify a document and save it as a new document instead of having to permanently modify the original which is sometimes dangerous because other employees might need to be able to move back to the original document and if the employee needs to look at the updated document they will know they are looking at the latest one without worrying about looking at outdated information.
- One can add notes and comments on a document at any time. This can help other people understand where they might be making a mistake or more information can be added which can greatly improve team collaboration within the organization.
- Get back to focusing on the important things. Less mess means more time for other important things in the office.
- No need to keep your tax consultant waiting for files they need.
- Finally you can access the files anywhere and anytime. This is great for employees that work remotely because they do not have to come into the office to get a physical document when all they need to do is access the organization’s network and they will be able to get access to the data they need to continue their work.
Storing electronic data can also have a huge impact on the business goal as well because the company can use an insurance document management software to effectively access and manage information to meet the business goal. This can mean the difference between gaining and losing profit.
In conclusion, companies need to keep up with society today by implementing technology that can deliver information much faster to their suppliers and their customers to stay in the competition. Information is double every six months and information can be outdated very fast so any company who wished to have a better advantage over its competitor must utilized information technology to send and receive information to quickly meets it’s customer demand.