CHAMPAIGN, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#Wolfram–Through his pioneering work in science, technology and language design, Stephen Wolfram has developed his own signature way of thinking about an impressive range of subjects. In his newest book, Adventures of a Computational Explorer, Wolfram takes the reader along on some of his most surprising and engaging intellectual adventures.
From solving problems of AI ethics, hunting for the source of an unusual polyhedron and communicating with extraterrestrials to finding the fundamental theory of physics and exploring the digits of pi, Adventures of a Computational Explorer captures the infectious energy and curiosity of one of the great pioneers of the computational world.
Brian Greene, bestselling author of The Elegant Universe and The Fabric of the Cosmos, says this unique publication allows readers to “get inside the head of one of our era’s most creative and influential minds…”
Highlights of Adventures of a Computational Explorer include:
- How Wolfram’s flagship product, Mathematica, got its name with a little help from Steve Jobs
- Reflections on working with Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner on the set of the Hollywood blockbuster Arrival
- The story behind humankind’s adventures in space and what we’ve left behind, from the Pioneer Plaque to a Darwin Lego set
- How a busy scientist-CEO makes the most of his time with a combination of devices, self-monitoring programs and tricks that anyone can use
- A humorous sampling of some of the early foibles in the knowledge engine Wolfram|Alpha
“As a brazen theoretician, Stephen Wolfram upended scientific models, then crafted practical tools used by the world’s top innovators,” states the Nebula Award–winning author David Brin. “By reading this collection of writings, readers will not only be able to follow along as Wolfram describes his journey through the computational universe but also find inspiration for personal exploration and increased productivity.”
For more information about Stephen Wolfram, visit stephenwolfram.com.
About Wolfram Research
Wolfram Research has been defining the computational future for three decades. As the creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, Wolfram Research is the leader in developing technology and tools that inject sophisticated computational intelligence into everything. Learn more at wolfram.com.
Justin Klug, 217-372-3275