MIT Technology Review Announces EmTech Conference Schedule and Speakers
September 08, 2017 --
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, MIT Technology Review announced the schedule and speakers for its annual EmTech MIT Conference (www.emtechmit.com) at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA, November 69, 2017.
Each year, EmTech focuses on the emerging technologies that matter most?those with the greatest potential to change our lives. This fall, themes include:
- The Future of Work
- The Impact of Social Media on Society
- Can AI Get Smarter?
- Next-Generation Brain Interfaces
- Adapting to the Reality of Climate Change
- Meet the 2017 Innovators Under 35
The growing list of featured speakers includes:
- Yasmin Green, Director of Research and Development, Jigsaw at Google
- Kris Hammond, Chief Scientist and Cofounder, Narrative Science
- Reid Hoffman, Cofounder, LinkedIn; Partner, Greylock Partners
- John Holdren, Professor, Harvard University
- Joi Ito, Director, MIT Media Lab
- Mary Lou Jepsen, Founder, Openwater
- David Keith, Professor, Harvard University; Founder, Carbon Engineering
- Andrew Ng, Founder, Deeplearning.ai; Cofounder, Coursera; Adjunct Professor, Stanford University; former head of Baidu AI Group/Google Brain
- Tomaso Poggio, Investigator, McGovern Institute; Eugene McDermott Professor of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, MIT
This year's conference includes enhancements to the program attendees have come to enjoy since the emerging-technologies event launched in 1999, including new registration options offering attendees increased access and opportunities, as well as new half-day Learning Sessions with MIT faculty and staff. These will provide interactive deep dives into the research, trends, and technologies covered by MIT Technology Review.
"MIT Technology Review's mission is to equip audiences with the intelligence to understand and contribute to a world shaped by technology, and our events bring that mission to life around the globe," said Elizabeth Bramson-Boudreau, chief executive officer and publisher. "EmTech MIT continues its tradition of providing early access to the people at the bleeding edge of tech. Our Innovators Under 35 represent the best and brightest, and are always a highlight of the EmTech program."
For full information and to register for EmTech MIT, visit www.emtechmit.com.
About MIT Technology Review
Founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1899, MIT Technology Review is a digitally oriented independent media company whose analysis, features, reviews, interviews, and live events explain the commercial, social, and political impact of new technologies. MIT Technology Review readers are curious technology enthusiasts?a global audience of business and thought leaders, innovators and early adopters, entrepreneurs and investors. Every day, we provide an authoritative filter for the flood of information about technology. We are the first to report on a broad range of new technologies, informing our audiences about how important breakthroughs will impact their careers and their lives. Subscribe. Follow us: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram.
David Sweeney, MIT Technology Review
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mit-technology-review-announces-emtech-conference-schedule-and-speakers-300516003.html
SOURCE MIT Technology Review
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved